For hurts, habits, and hangups
Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm.
Celebrate Recovery is a safe place where we can be real with one another, put our issues on the table, and seek God’s healing together. We invite you to come if you have been hurt by someone, are dealing with an addiction, or want to address a hang-up. CR is a safe place to find support through friends, accountability partners and sponsors for your recovery journey. Together we will experience life-changing transformation as we learn to apply the 12 Steps to Recovery along with the 8 Biblical Principles based on the teachings of Jesus. We believe that when parents are in crisis, children are in crisis – so we’re offering a program for the kids right from the start: Celebration Place, a children’s program for ages 4-12.
6:30 – 8:30 pm
6:30 Large Group Meeting, which includes elements such as:
- Welcome, Prayer, and Announcements
- Eight Principles and their Corresponding Beatitudes
- Twelve Steps and their Biblical Comparisons
- Teaching or Testimony
- Serenity Prayer
- Closing Song
7:30 Open Share Groups
- Issue specific groups for both men and women.
8:10 Café and Fellowship
Prayer for Serenity
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardship as a pathway to peace; taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will; so that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Small Group Guidlines
1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
2. There will be no crosstalk. Crosstalk is when two individuals engage in a conversation excluding all others. Each person is free to express his/her feelings without interruption.
3. We are here to support one another, not “fix” one another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ centered recovery group.
SMALL GROUPS WILL:
- Provide a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with others that are also going through a Christ centered recovery.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through similar hurt, hang up, or habit and who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular step each week.
- Provide you with an opportunity to find an accountability partner or a sponsor. Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
SMALL GROUPS WILL NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional advice. Our leaders are not counselors. At your request, we can provide a list of counselors. Our pastors can also offer biblical counseling upon request.